WAUKESHA COUNTY, Wisconsin. – Waukesha County Parks beach swimming season will open with swim-at-your-own-risk (SAYOR) hours at six beach locations on Friday, May 27. There will be no lifeguards on the beaches this season due to labor shortages.
“Our park’s beaches are a top summer attraction for residents and visitors alike, and we are pleased to have at-your-own-risk swimming options available at all locations to allow public access to the water when no lifeguard is available,” said Paul Farrow, Waukesha. county executive. “I invite everyone to get outside and enjoy the sun and the sand!”
All six beaches in the Waukesha County Park System will offer swim-at-your-own-risk (SAYOR) hours from sunrise to sunset daily until Sunday, September 25*, depending on weather and water conditions.
Waukesha County Park Beaches:
- Fox Brook Park, 2925 N. Barker Road, Brookfield (*SAYOR hours end Tuesday, September 6)
- Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Townline Road, Menomonee Falls
- Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha
- Mukwonago Park, S100 W31900 CTH LO, Mukwonago
- Muskego Park, S83 W20370 Janesville Road, Muskego
- Naga-Waukee Park, 651 STH 83, Hartland
SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, topical emails from FOX6 News
High Roller Fun Rentals will be renting canoes, kayaks and paddle boats at Fox Brook and Menomonee parks. For more information on their services, visit www.highrollerfunrentals.com.
For more information on park beaches, visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/swimming.