The Marketing and Sales Manager will be responsible for overseeing the aggressive development and implementation of short and long term marketing strategies, plans and campaigns and sales activities with the aim of attracting: a) suppliers and suppliers to exhibit their services and products in our hospitality market b) clients and clients to book the desired getaways on our portal. These services may include, but are not limited to: stays, flights, transfers, excursions, packages, car rentals, etc.
You will participate in general sales efforts to promote and sell our tourism destinations/products and other future destinations to groups and individuals in the above categories, both B2C and B2B.
This position requires establishing and managing strong industry relationships at local, regional and global levels to support the mission, goals and objectives of Continent Building Initiatives and its activations. This job is independent and requires an innovative, outgoing, self-starter, energetic and goal-oriented individual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all required tasks, responsibilities and/or skills. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Set up the sales and marketing plans (vision, mission, objective and strategy) in the short term and in the long term.
- Maintain positive and cooperative relationships and work closely with hospitality industry stakeholders and build strong relationships with potential partners among travel service providers, including but not limited to chains/properties accommodation providers, air carriers, transport companies, event and activity planners, tour operators, etc.
- Build new relationships with potential customers across travel agents, online communities, media, corporate segment and PR channels.
- Make budgets, prices, packages and other activities/offers to meet revenue goals.
- Strategize and direct sales efforts, campaigns and activities to achieve committed revenue goals/targets.
- Develop sales materials; conduct personal marketing and promotional visits to potential customers.
- Translate market needs into integrated offers on all platforms
- Work as an effective cross-functional partner with various internal and external stakeholders including digital operations, brand marketing, editorial, team, etc.
- Attend relevant trade shows, industry meetings and organize and execute road shows.
- Leads creative briefings, material development and overall promotional presence for assigned business units.
- Monitors competitive factors in order to capitalize on market opportunities, minimize the effects of competitive activity, and deliver effective messages to the market.
- Ensures sales efforts are progressing and meeting goals, targets, etc.
- Create and package integrated proposals, including custom creative and branding programs
- Maintain a high level of customer relationship management
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
SPECIAL FEATURES AND ABILITIES
- Deep knowledge, experience and passion for tourism.
- Ability to develop new and innovative businesses.
- Professionalism in the implementation of selective selling techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Has an interest in the changing media and technology landscapes, with a passion for the latest and greatest innovative solutions
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and be willing to get involved in projects with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Willingness to work individually and in groups.
- Must have a strong desire for tourism sales with a focus on career and industry growth.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and customers.
- Ability to make verbal and virtual presentations to groups of different sizes and cultures.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to make decisions intelligently and confidently
- Ability to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memos, agreements and budget projections in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective actions.
- Provides the highest excellence in customer service.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in hospitality, tourism sales, tourism operations, sales management, destination management and at least 2 years of experience leading a team or managing employees .
- Analytical skills, strategic planning and thinking outside the box.
- Sound knowledge and fair experience of digital marketing techniques and social media
- Exceptional skills in sales, customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Fluent English and preferably several languages.
- Knowledge of online booking portals and global distribution systems
- Must show a pattern of significant growth and consistency in previous work experience.
- Must be free to travel as needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Good in Microsoft Office applications
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.