Long Beach City Hall and other municipal facilities and services will be closed on Election Day on Tuesday, November 2, even though the city does not have an election.
There are a few elections across Los Angeles County on Tuesday, including in Carson and Inglewood, but that’s not why much of Long Beach will be closed.
Rather, that’s because city council designated the first Tuesday after Nov. 1 as a public holiday in the city, regardless of the election cycle, Long Beach spokesman Kevin Lee said.
Besides the closure of Town Hall, the council will not meet on Tuesday as it normally would.
Below is an overview of what’s open and closed on Tuesday.
Open during normal business hours:
- Mobile COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics: Long Beach City College Pacific Coast Campus, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Houghton Park, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- COVID-19 test sites: Pacific Coast Campus, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. LBCC Veterans Stadium, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Houghton Park, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- City parks and trails.
- El Dorado Regional Park, including El Dorado Natural Center.
- Fire stations and lifeguard stations.
- Long Beach Airport.
- Alamitos Bay Marina and Shoreline Marina offices.
- Reception of the main police station.
- Park offices and community park facilities.
- Waste collection and recycling.
- Swimming pools.
- Distribution of gas services (open 24/7 for emergency calls), 562-570-2140.
- Water / sewer distribution (open 24/7 for emergency calls), 562-570-2390.
- The parking meter rules will always be applied.
Here’s what’s closed:
- Community hotline, 562-570-INFO; Resource hotline, 562-570-INFO, option 5; and the BizCare hotline, 562-570-4BIZ.
- Billie Jean King Main Library and all side libraries; digital resources are available 24/7.
- BizCare pop-up at the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library.
- Town hall.
- Citizen’s Police Complaints Commission.
- Construction and safety services, including inspections, plan reviews and the permit center.
- Code enforcement services.
- Energy resources offices.
- Fire headquarters, fire prevention and support services and operations, including maritime safety administration.
- Health service and health establishments.
- Housing Authority.
- Long Beach Airport administrative offices.
- Long Beach Animal Care Services and spcaLA.
- Neighborhood resource center.
- Special events and filming offices; staff will still be in the field and check voicemail messages.
- Street sweeping.
- Towing and sale of privileges.
- Water service offices.
- WorkPlace, Youth Opportunity Center and Pacific Gateway administrative offices.
- Call centers for gas, water and garbage.